About Me

My photo
I'm no good at these things - but here goes.. I'm a 22 year old beauty blogger from Birmingham UK! To start 2017 off I am currently working on this new blog, I stupidly can't access my old one so please bare with me whilst I post all my old content onto here before putting out new content for you lovely lot! Thank you for all your support! Instagram : Beautyblogger94_ Twitter: BeautyBySarah__

Friday 6 January 2017

Mini Superdrug Haul

Mini Superdrug Haul
Hey everyone sorry that it's been about a month since I last posted anything at all,
Thought I'd share with you all my little haul from today whilst waiting for my glossy box to arrive!

I hope you all enjoy! <3

_________________________________________________________________________________

So for weeks I've wanted a few of the new products from Makeup Academy (MUA)
I finally went today and purchased 3 items, which I am excited to show you all!

The first thing that caught my eye was the new primer from their Skin Define Hydro range,
I have heard it's an amazing dupe for Illamasqua's Hyrda Veil, which after using the Illamasqua's one that I had in my birchbox I can say so far the MUA version feels and looks the exact same (bar the packaging)

After opening it, I used a tiny amount (which I've figured goes  a long way)
As you can probably see, the formulation of this primer is gel - and as you can see once it was on my finger for a good few seconds it becomes thinner in consistency which is great!
I can't explain how much I am in love with this already, for this moment in time I've only tested it on the back of my hand, and it blended in so nice, it's lightweight and SO hydrating.
Brilliant product for dryer skin, excited to do a proper review to see how it wears with foundation!
They are £5 you can find them at any superdrug store or on their website.
_________________________________________________________________________________


I also picked up the skin define hydro powder with vitamin e and jojoba,
as I do get dry skin it was just common sense to get both the primer and powder, 
As you can see on the swatch the pigment is crazy.
It's a lightweight formula and the texture to me,feels super soft and not chalky at all!
I'm one for a matte make-up look so hopefully when I try this out properly it gives amazing results!
They are £3
_________________________________________________________________________________

The top picture is without the flash, and the bottom picture is with flash.


I own two of these already, but this is my first one since they re-done them and changed the packaging.
I got mine in the shade Tranquility, a gorgeous nude brown colour.
I did notice that the applicator is a bit different, and slimmer.
The scent and formulation is actually different to the old ones,
the new ones have a thinner formulation, but a much stronger scent...
Now that never usually bothers me, so if you aren't a fan of strong smelling lip products,
 then I'd stay clear of this. I applied it to my lips without exfoliating them  and using lip liner ...
The reason I done that was just to see how it would work alone, I would personally suggest exfoliating and using a lip liner before hand, they are £3 each! bargain..
_________________________________________________________________________________
The last make-up item I picked up was their new lipstick in the shade vintage rouge,
It is such a beautiful colour, when I swatched this on my hand I thought that it was super creamy and really does glide on like a dream, so I just had to try it on my lips!
Like before I never used a lipliner, just so I could see how it works alone..
It is so hydrating I am not even kidding you, it glides on without having to drag it across your lips, 
Although I know it's not a lip gloss, it has that sort of shine to it once applied.
I would suggest using a lip liner though just because of how creamy and thin it is.
Beautiful shade and beautiful lipstick all round, they are £1 each!!!
The from top to bottom the first picture below will be without flash, then the second one with flash.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The last two items I picked up was from Aussie!
I picked up two bottles from their winter miracle limited edition design.
I am obsessed with their hair products and the smell is just to die for!
This is the first time I will have purchased the winter edition ones, 
it contains Australian Ginseng extract and Pearl Powder!
I can't explain how nice these ones smell, I got the 500ml shampoo and 400ml conditioner!
They are £5.99 a bottle BUT at the minute in superdrug they are £2.98.


Thank you for reading,
 sorry it's not much but I still like to get content up for you guys when I can!
Super excited as I am waiting for my glossybox to arrive so I can do an un-boxing for you,
I am also waiting for my kind friend's parcel that she has shipped to me all the way from Canada so that will be amazing to see what lovely things she's got me.

- Please feel free to ask any questions or even suggestions of make-up looks you would like to see on my blog, all my website details are on my blog page :D

Thank you once again, and I'll speak again soon..
Sarah xo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment